Thursday, June 6, 2013

Once in a while , a cup of Sake is fine


Sooooo I actually had a great day today ! 
Went to the US embassy with my school to have a debate on the climate ! It was really such a great experience ! 
It was so nerve-wrecking at first ! I was soooo nervous I couldn't even introduced the country that I'm representing which is Germany. I was so totally embarrassed. It was such a bad start. 

So there were like 36 students that paired up and each of them chose a country to represent themselves. I chose Germany. I originally wanted to choose Singapore but then it's too small a range for me and my partner to talk about so we decided on Germany instead ! 
We had all these worksheets that we needed to filled out about our country. It's basically a 'getting to know your country' worksheet. So yeah , I did some research and got to know more about Germany , a country I didn't even knew much about other than 'it's the country that stirred up WWI & WWII'. But now , I have a much clearer view of the country. There are actually some really interesting facts about that country like 'it's the second country that consumes the most beer after Czechs' and also '70% or 80% of the high ways in Germany have no speed limit'. It seems as though I've only mainly found the 'naughty' facts about Germany. Well, it's fun facts. So yeah. 

Anyways , once we get to the embassy, we got more worksheets and the instructor told us more about what the debate was really about and then we had to give an introduction about our country , which I totally fail at. I definitely humiliated myself. I was so embarrassed. I've probably mentioned this for a couple of times now. I was just really embarrassed. 
Then we had a break. Then we came back and we had to wrote a speech about how we want to reduce the greenhouse gases emissions and all that. There were 3 options. I'm too lazy to write it here. But I chose the 2nd option which is 'governments should invest in renewable sources energy'. So I wrote down the speech and my partner went up and read it to the audience. 
Then we had lunch break. The lunch was horrible ! The sandwich smelt so bad. 
After that was the caucus. 
Then the debate. 
I really had a lot of fun doing the debate. I'm kinda proud of myself one way or another because , I've always been a shy speaker and today , I think I kinda opened up a little. Although at first I freaked out, but during the debate , I hope I wasn't too bad. 

I think today was a really good experience for me. Hopefully, I'll get more experience ? Yeahhh, hopefully. And hopefully , I'll overcome my stage fright as well. 

Alrightttt. I had a superb dinner at Uraetei Japanese restaurant with my mom and family members. Accompanied with Sake of course. Just like the picture above. 
I actually haven't really drank any alcoholic drinks since the last time I got drunk because I was feeling so messed up , I decided to just get myself drunk. The hangover was horrible. So I kinda stopped drinking from then on. But since today's a good day , and since my mom's returning back to the province tomorrow , I shall just drink. Just a cup would be good. It tasted good. I'm actually quite a fan of sake. But no, I am not going to get myself drunk again ! I'm just going to drink only on special occasions. 

Came back home and made strawberry milkshake for myself and my mom and my cousins. 
I hope I don't get diarrhea. 

Anyways, good night ! I shall sleep early and start tomorrow bright ! 
I soooo want to skip school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment